We’re all trying to navigate these uncertain times together and we’re working diligently to continue providing essential solid waste services. We ask that you avoid unnecessary trips and hang onto that old couch or other bulky items, those cans and bottles you want to cash in, and those old batteries, compact fluorescent bulbs and other household hazardous wastes and electronics.  Updates will be posted as available.

(Updated 5/13/20)


Q: Is my residential garbage service impacted by the current situation?

A: At this time, residential garbage collection service is continuing as normal. However, some jurisdictions have temporarily suspended curbside or doorstep pickup of household hazardous waste and electronics. Contact your hauler for questions related to your residential collection service.

Q: What if I don’t have residential garbage service?

A: You can establish residential garbage collection by calling the hauler that services your area. The cities of Lincoln and Roseville provide collection service to residents within their city limits. Recology Auburn Placer services the remainder of western Placer County, including Auburn, Colfax, Loomis, Rocklin and the unincorporated areas of Placer County.

Q: How can I get rid of my excess household trash or bulky items?

A: Your residential garbage hauler provides additional pickup of your can for a fee. Haulers may also provide a temporary container for larger waste for a fee. Call your hauler for additional information or to schedule an extra service.

Q: When will the WPWMA’s facility reopen?

A: The WPWMA’s facilities are now open daily to all customers.   Customers must wear a mask and maintain a safe distance from employees and other customers at all times while using the facility.  The WPWMA will continue to evaluate the need for restrictions consistent with guidance from state and local authorities.

Q: How do I establish a WPWMA credit account?

A: A credit application is available on the WPWMA’s website. Please note that credit accounts are generally used by commercial businesses that frequently use the WPWMA’s facility.

Q: Are other disposal facilities in Placer County open to the public?

A: Recology Auburn Placer’s transfer stations in Auburn, Meadow Vista and Foresthill remain open to the general public. Please note that the transfer stations are currently accepting credit card or check payments only, and recycling buyback and HHW services at these facilities are temporarily closed.

Q: Can I still use the green waste pass or two-yard dump pass I received in the mail from Recology?

A: Customers are advised to check the website or call the facilities to confirm their current operations before visiting. Passes will be accepted through June 30.


City of Lincoln
(916) 434-2450

City of Roseville
(916) 774-5780

County of Placer
(530) 889-6846

Recology Auburn Placer
Auburn, Meadow Vista & Foresthill Transfer Stations
(530) 885-3735

Western Placer Waste Management Authority
(916) 543-3960

Thank you from the Western Placer Waste Management Authority, Recology Auburn Placer, Placer County, the cities of Auburn, Colfax, Lincoln, Rocklin, Roseville and the Town of Loomis.