- Set up a composting bin at home for yard waste. The Roseville Utility Exploration Center offers“how-to” classes on how to start your own green waste composting bin in your backyard.
- Or you can set up a worm composting bin to compost fruit and vegetable scraps from the kitchen.More information on setting up your own worm bin can be found here. The Roseville Utility Exploration Center also provides “how-to” classes on worm composting on a regular basis, more information can be found on their site.
Both methods yield compost for your garden and are cheap to do.
- Get off junk mail lists. It takes 20 minutes to get rid of junk mail for two to five years. The Direct Marketing Association maintains a free, easy to use one-stop website that allows you to op-out of mail lists you no longer whish to be on. You are required to register to take advantage of this service. Click here to begin.
By putting these reduce strategies into practice you can:
- Reduce the amount of waste going to landfills.
- Conserve energy and other natural resources.
- Create less pollution.
- Save money.
Reuse: Upcycle’s fancy origins
November 3, 2016