Swoop in and save the day by recycling your used motor oil and filter right from your door!
Every recycling hero needs a trusty sidekick. Your waste hauler offers free curbside pickup for used oil and filters.
Proper Oil & Filter Disposal
Follow these steps to ensure you’re properly disposing your used motor oil & filter:
- Don’t throw used motor oil in the garbage or down the drain!
- Avoid mixing used oil with other fluids
- Place used oil filters in a re-sealable bag or other leak-proof container
- Use our free curbside pick-up service
- Take your used oil and filters to our free drop-off locations
- Transport oil in containers with a tightly-sealed lid
- Always wait for an attendant/store clerk to accept your used oil
Drop Off Locations
Placer County residents can drop off used motor oil and filters at the following locations:
WPWMA Household Waste Facility
3195 Athens Ave., Lincoln, CA
Open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
Recology Auburn Placer Transfer Station
12305 Shale Ridge Rd.
Open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m
Check out CalRecycle’s list of Certified Used Oil Collection Centers in Placer County for additional drop off locations.