Swoop in and save the day by recycling your used motor oil and filter right from your door!
Every recycling hero needs a trusty sidekick. Your waste hauler offers free curbside pickup for used oil and filters.
Used Oil Filter Exchange Event (May 2018)
Every Saturday and Sunday in May, you can bring your used motor oil filters to a participating auto store and leave with a FREE new one.
- O’Reilly Auto Parts, 548 Grass Valley Hwy, Auburn, CA 95603
- O’Reilly Auto Parts, 900 Groveland Ln, Lincoln, CA 95648
- O’Reilly Auto Parts, 5601 Pacific St, Rocklin, CA 95677
- O’Reilly Auto Parts, 106 Harding Blvd, Roseville, CA 95678
- O’Reilly Auto Parts, 3993 Foothills Blvd, Roseville, CA 95747
Proper Oil & Filter Disposal
Follow these steps to ensure you’re properly disposing your used motor oil & filter:
- Don’t throw used motor oil in the garbage or down the drain!
- Avoid mixing used oil with other fluids
- Place used oil filters in a re-sealable bag or other leak-proof container
- Use our free curbside pick-up service
- Take your used oil and filters to our free drop-off locations
- Transport oil in containers with a tightly-sealed lid
- Always wait for an attendant/store clerk to accept your used oil
Drop Off Locations
Placer County residents can drop off used motor oil and filters at the following locations:
WPWMA Household Waste Facility
3195 Athens Ave., Lincoln, CA
Open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
Recology Auburn Placer Transfer Station
12305 Shale Ridge Rd.
Open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m
Check out CalRecycle’s list of Certified Used Oil Collection Centers in Placer County for additional drop off locations.