Swoop in and save the day by recycling your used motor oil and filter right from your door!
Every recycling hero needs a trusty sidekick. Your waste hauler offers free curbside pickup for used oil and filters.
Used Oil Filter Exchange Event
Thank you to everyone who participated in our October 2018 event. Stay tuned for the next event and your chance to exchange your used oil filter for a FREE new one.
Participating Locations (by city) in October 2018 event
O’Reilly Auto Parts, 548 Grass Valley Hwy, Auburn, CA 95603
AutoZone, 130 Gateway Dr, Lincoln, CA 95648
O’Reilly Auto Parts, 900 Groveland Ln, Lincoln, CA 95648
AutoZone, 6651 Stanford Ranch Rd, Rocklin, CA 95677
O’Reilly Auto Parts, 5601 Pacific St, Rocklin, CA 95677
AutoZone, 361 Roseville Square, Roseville, CA 95661
AutoZone, 5170 Foothills Blvd #150, Roseville, CA 95747
O’Reilly Auto Parts, 3993 Foothills Blvd, Roseville, CA 95747
O’Reilly Auto Parts, 106 Harding Blvd, Roseville, CA 95678
Proper Oil & Filter Disposal
Follow these steps to ensure you’re properly disposing your used motor oil & filter:
- Don’t throw used motor oil in the garbage or down the drain!
- Avoid mixing used oil with other fluids
- Place used oil filters in a re-sealable bag or other leak-proof container
- Use our free curbside pick-up service
- Take your used oil and filters to our free drop-off locations
- Transport oil in containers with a tightly-sealed lid
- Always wait for an attendant/store clerk to accept your used oil
Drop Off Locations
Placer County residents can drop off used motor oil and filters at the following locations:
WPWMA Household Waste Facility
3195 Athens Ave., Lincoln, CA
Open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
Recology Auburn Placer Transfer Station
12305 Shale Ridge Rd.
Open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m
Check out CalRecycle’s list of Certified Used Oil Collection Centers in Placer County for additional drop off locations.