Swoop in and save the day by recycling your used motor oil and filter right from your door!
Every recycling hero needs a trusty sidekick. Your waste hauler offers free curbside pickup for used oil and filters.
Proper Oil & Filter Disposal
Follow these steps to ensure you’re properly disposing your used motor oil & filter:
- Don’t throw used motor oil in the garbage or down the drain!
- Avoid mixing used oil with other fluids
- Place used oil filters in a re-sealable bag or other leak-proof container
- Use our free curbside pick-up service
- Take your used oil and filters to our free drop-off locations
- Transport oil in containers with a tightly-sealed lid
- Always wait for an attendant/store clerk to accept your used oil
Drop Off Locations
Placer County residents can drop off used motor oil and filters at the following locations:
WPWMA Household Waste Facility
3195 Athens Ave., Lincoln, CA
Open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
Recology Auburn Placer Transfer Station
12305 Shale Ridge Rd.
Open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m
Check out CalRecycle’s list of Certified Used Oil Collection Centers in Placer County for additional drop off locations.
Oil Filter Exchange Events*
Every Saturday and Sunday in November, you can take your used oil filter to a Placer County O’Reilly Auto Parts and exchange it for a brand-spanking-new one. Stay tuned for participating locations.
Participating O’Reilly Auto Parts locations:
548 Grass Valley Hwy
Auburn, CA 95603
900 Groveland Ln.
Lincoln, CA 95648
5601 Pacific St.
Rocklin, CA 95677
3993 Foothills Blvd.
Roseville, CA 95747
106 Harding Blvd.
Roseville, CA 95678
*Offer valid only at the locations and dates listed above. Placer County residents only with proof of residency. Limit one new filter per customer, $10 max value.