Presenting: A Trashy Love Story
We recycle for you, yet we need your support keeping Household Hazardous Waste (HHWs) out of your One Big Bin. Watch the video, and then scroll down to learn how to properly dispose of HHWs.
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
State law prohibits many common household items like paint, batteries, electronics, sharps and medications from being placed in your bin. Keeping these items out of your bin helps protect the environment and the people collecting and sorting your waste, and allows our sorters to focus on recovering more recyclables. These items can still be easily disposed or recycled – find an option that works for you!
Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
WPWMA HHW Facility
3195 Athens Ave.
Open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. WPWMA.com
Recology Auburn Placer Transfer Station
12305 Shale Ridge Rd.
Open every day from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Foresthill Transfer Station
6699 Patton Rd.
Open Friday-Monday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Meadow Vista Transfer Station
2950 Combie Rd.
Open Friday-Monday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How to transport your HHWs:
- Limit to 15 gallons or 125 pounds per visit
- Transport products upright in a rigid, leak-proof container in trunk or truck bed
- Place leaking containers in tightly sealed plastic bag or box
- Keep products in their original, labeled, sealed containers
- Label any product not in its original container
- Do not mix products!
- Sort products by material type
- Transport similar products together to avoid potentially dangerous chemical reactions